BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

I apologize everyone for the confusion. I guess I've misinterpreted the original request, or at least part of it, and provided a partial answer. What @HunterT_SAS has just replied is absolutely correct. Again, my apologies for the confusion.

PatrickPosthuma
Obsidian | Level 7

No problem!

Best Regards,
Patrick Posthuma
+31 06 53135462
The Netherlands
PatrickPosthuma
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @HunterT_SAS,

Thanks for your answer, I think you understand what I want.

Unfortunately it is apparently not possible yet.

The desire change should be the possibility to use two variables "start selection and end selection".

Example

TIme slider is from 1 jan 2015 till 1 jan 2020, but it should select per default the last month

calculated field  1 = Today() = 15 november 2017

calculate filed 2 = today() - 1 month. 15 oktober 2017

(Current date 15 november 2017)

1 jan 2015-------------------------------slider------------------------------------------------------1 jan 2020

15 oktober 2017------dynamic selection--------15 november 2017

Where can I post a change request? 😉

Best Regards,
Patrick Posthuma
+31 06 53135462
The Netherlands
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Me again, @PatrickPosthuma! Feel free to submit a product idea in the SASWare Ballot ideas section of the communities.

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

thiagoglima
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Patrick, I'm looking for the same solution, if you find out, could you share it here? If I get something about it or find out when SAS launches this function, I promise to update here.

Thank you

GEAppliances
Calcite | Level 5
Been searching for solution. Has there been any update yet on this posting, please? Thank you.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
I don't think it is possible at this time to dynamically set the beginning and end points of a slider so that the last month is selected.

You can dynamically set the end point of the slider to the most recent value. You can create a filter that selects the last month.

You could also use a single-value slider to select the last month if you duplicate your date variable and change its format to a month-year format.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 in conversation