BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hauger2
Calcite | Level 5

I want to create a calculated item in SAS VA that shows when the report was last updated. In this case, it gets updated every Tuesday. How do I do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If you just want to display the date when the data was last updated, you can add that as dynamic text in a Text object.

See https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.5&docsetId=vaobj&docsetTarget=n0am6dia40z5lf....

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to retrieve this value for use in a calculated expression. I am asking around a bit.

I believe that you could have your data query store the current date in a variable as a workaround (for example, by using the TODAY() or DATETIME() function).

Sam

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Oops, I see that you asked about when the report itself was updated. My reply was about the data sources in a report.

I don't think it is possible to retrieve the date when the report itself was updated.

Users who are viewing the report can see the modified date if they look at the report properties. But this does not help you if you want to use the value in an expression.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation