BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dcalbet
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all;

any one runs SAS 9.4 in Windows 10 ?  Works fine ?

Thanks ¡

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Windows 10 does not yet appear on SAS's list of supported operating systems:

SAS Supported Operating Systems

I can only assume that SAS have not yet completed validation of this new release, so to anyone trying it out it will be at their own risk...

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Windows 10 does not yet appear on SAS's list of supported operating systems:

SAS Supported Operating Systems

I can only assume that SAS have not yet completed validation of this new release, so to anyone trying it out it will be at their own risk...

nickz
Calcite | Level 5

9.4 ran well for me after installing Windows 10. I was able to work on existing projects as normal. However, Windows kept asking me to use a Windows ID to log into Windows and I eventually gave in an did so. Ever since I made that change I could not open 9.4. It appears my Windows ID did not have access to the .cfg files required to open 9.4. I had to relocate the .cfg file and change folder permissions -- basically a huge hassle. I finally got 9.4 to work and I can open former projects, the only problem I'm still having is I cannot access or save to libraries I created previously.

Deepsekhar
Calcite | Level 5

I have windows 10in 64 bit os.So can u confirm me that which sas version support in my os?

O r else please help me to create another 32bit user to my laptop for 9.1 version.

please reply me soon

SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS 9.1 (maybe 9.1.3?) is a very old release and is only supported on Windows XP  which is no longer supported by Microsoft anyway. You should upgrade to SAS 9.4.

Also putting your post in the middle of an old post is not a good idea - you should start a new one.

Deepsekhar
Calcite | Level 5
How could i update 9.4 can u please tell me the procedure?
In windows 10
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Contact your SAS Account Manager.

Arun_shSAS
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS 9.1.3 works in fine in 32 bit os. I have tested this thing from win xp to win 7 all versions.

However, I didnt tested this thing into win10 32 bit os because I am into win 10 64 bit(sas 9.1.3) is not supported.

Spoiler

dcalbet
Calcite | Level 5

Finally I installed the Windows 10 home edition on a virtual machine virtual oracle box, later to install the SAS 9.4.

The SAS is correctly installed (previously must install the .NET Framework), and seems to work, but with some error. For example, I am unable to open a file .SAS right mouse button (error described in http://support.sas.com/kb/45/745.html for SAS 9.3, but the solution does not work in SAS 9.4) . But you can open a .SAS file from the menu  SAS itself, therefore, it is a minor problem.

See if SAS launched a new version for the SAS 9.4 for this operating system, or adds some current laversión patch. We'll have to wait and see.

Deepsekhar
Calcite | Level 5
I have oracle virtual box too but unable to install windows7 32 bit on tthat.

I have windows 10 in my original 64 bit os,
So thats why i am unable to use sas .please
Arekurb
Calcite | Level 5

Windows 10 pro 64bit, SAS 9.4 64bit version - some unexpected BSODs and shutdowns. Although working on datasets which have been created on 32bit SAS (in Win7pro 32bit). 

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

No one else worried about the privacy implications of W10?

dementic
Calcite | Level 5

Why would we?

After all, all your traffic is public.

And if someone wants to get data, they will.

lmrangeljr
Calcite | Level 5
Hey, I too tried to run SAS 9.4 on Windows 10. It worked fine. However, I just had Windows 10 home with office 2013. The university I work for allowed me to update to Windows 10 education with office 2016 and that is when the problems started happening. The main problems was that I was unable to read in excel files. But, the other issue was formats were not transferring from the SAS data set to the SPSS files I was creating.

The university downgraded me from office 2016 to 2013 and that did not fix the issue. so I am going back to windows 8.1.
It worked fine when I had just Windows 10 home but I also found encoding issues that required me to use more processing power. So some analysis or just maintaining of data took longer. I also have a MACRO that I created to make code books for some of the data sets i had but this would also run 30 minutes longer. Now, before you all start talking about efficient programming I did take that into consideration. Nevertheless, keep to Window 8.1.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats