BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sabrina1yu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I've tried getting SAS University to run on two laptops, both with Windows 10.  I've tried VirtualBox and VMWare.  In every case I get an error message when trying to fire-up the VM.  I know "Windows 10" is NOT listed under supported OSes.  My question is: Do you have any idea when you'll have full support for SAS University Edition on Windows 10?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sabrina1yu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for your reply.

For VirtualBox (5.0.10), I followed instructions from here: SASUniversityEditionQuickStartVirtualBox.pdf

Before writing this response, I decided to give it another try so I could provide the exact message and when/where it happened.,  But this time, during Step 3, I un-checked something for a Sound Card.  I didn't do that the first time.  THIS MUST HAVE HELPED - the VM actually works now!!

I'm not going to bother with VMWare now. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
What's your error message?
sabrina1yu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for your reply.

For VirtualBox (5.0.10), I followed instructions from here: SASUniversityEditionQuickStartVirtualBox.pdf

Before writing this response, I decided to give it another try so I could provide the exact message and when/where it happened.,  But this time, during Step 3, I un-checked something for a Sound Card.  I didn't do that the first time.  THIS MUST HAVE HELPED - the VM actually works now!!

I'm not going to bother with VMWare now. 🙂

Reeza
Super User
Glad it worked for you! Enjoy your programming 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation