BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EO13
Calcite | Level 5

We've been using VA at my company for the past 8 months and installed VA 6.4 about a a month ago.  Today, it seems that the geographic maps are missing.

Here is a snapshot of a report that we use regularly:

bubble map.png

The map backgrounds are simply missing.  it is the same for all three map types in VA (geo region/coordinate/bubble).

I've tried testing this on both new and existing reports and explorations.  Also on different PCs.

Has anyone experienced this?  Is there a simple fix?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

That's the first I've seen this issue.  It seems like there might be a problem with the configuration referencing the GIS server, OpenStreetMap or ESRI.  I would recommend you open a support track so they can help you identify the root cause of this issue.

Rick

EO13
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, will do.

SVFT
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, we are having same issue with our maps. We are configuring maps for Visual Analytics 7.1

Did you manage to solve your problem?

AndreasWindisch
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey Folks,

have you seen the Installation Note 52133, i had the described issue with an upgrade, too.

But the problem in my case were not the additional parameters for the setenv.sh, they were set correctly.
The problem at my site was the proxy server for accessing the Open Street Map Servers at sas.

Maybe it helps.

Best regards,
Andreas

SVFT
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks! We did have a look at the Installation Note and we did some of the changes suggested but the problem has not been fixed.  We did open a support track with SAS.

Sonnia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation