BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Greetings everyone,

So I created a report (hours and hours) and it has been working fine. I deleted a report parameter drop down list and added a drop down list to the actual report per the request of the user. I saved the report and everything was working great and the user was happy. This was two days ago. I went in to look at the report today and it will not load. I am receiving a SAS Visual Analytics Viewer message box that says, "An unexpected service error was encountered while attempting to fulfill the request."

When I attempt to open the report in Designer I get the message;

FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="java.lang.RuntimeException : Report could not be opened. Cause: Unexpected second use of a unique name: dd10647  (Reason : Report Cannot Be Read) :: java.io.IOException: Error occurred during attempt to read a report from input stream., Exception: Unexpected second use of a unique name: dd10647  (Reason : Report Cannot Be Read)" faultCode="Server.Processing" faultDetail="null"] messageId="84969DCF-DA0D-386A-5A52-C932EE6A5F85" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

Does anyone have any ideas? As I said, this report has been functioning for months with no issue and was for a time after I made the change. The change I made was actually very simple.

Thank you all!

Gary
9 REPLIES 9
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

Something might have been corrupt in the XML-file.

One way is to edit the file separately and try to find items missing or "hangling loose" in the report.

//Fredrik

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Fredrik, but at this point I am unable to even open the report in either the viewer or designer.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Gary,

SAS Technical Support should able to help you repair the problem.

Sam

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Sas_SAS, I have opened a ticket.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
That is good to hear!

I believe the solution will involve tweaking the report's XML as Fredik suggests, but it is best to let tech support guide you through that process.
rushabh_45
Calcite | Level 5

What was the resolution, I am also facing the same issue

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Tweaking XML is very much report-dependent. As already stated, engaging Tech Support is the best option as you will need to supply them with the report XML.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can open a Technical Support track from here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/contact/technical-support.html

Be sure to provide your version of Visual Analytics, your site number, your operating system, the error that you are seeing, and what you are doing when it occurs. 

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Hey Rushabh_45,

The guidance given after your post is how we were able to resolve the issue and we did not have to rebuild the report. SAS Tech needs to see your xml file and the solution came through that system, not here. The solution/fix was pretty quick.

Good luck.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation