BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dekeyrelc
Calcite | Level 5

I have data where a row can document a "Item Added" or and "Item Removed" or both an "Item Added" and "Item Removed".  I would like to have a control that return all rows where the "Item" is in Either the "Item Added" or "Item Removed" field.  Is it possible to add logic to a control?  Or create a new category that will return both "Items" when one is both added and another removed? 

1 REPLY 1
mkeintz
PROC Star

@dekeyrelc wrote:

I would like to have a control that return all rows where the "Item" is in Either the "Item Added" or "Item Removed" field.  Is it possible to add logic to a control?

Answer: Yes.

But you would need to show a sample of your data, in the form of a working data step, to receive a more helpful response.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation