BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Traskac
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I would like to use the SAS Mobile BI (android version 7.32) and connect it to our (virtual) server, where SAS VA is running (version 7.3).

But even when I provided correct IP adress and port number, the connection was not established. There is a, for 1-2 minutes, a screen with the text "Checking information about the server"  and after that a message "an unexpected service error was encountered while attempting to fulfill the request" is shown.

Can you please tell me what the problem is?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Traskac
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

So, the problem is solved. It was really because of a blocked port on a host server for inbound connections. My mistake that I did not realize it at the beginning.

But thanks for replies, I appreciate it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7
your device is in the same network in which your SAS environment is set up ?
Traskac
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, my device is in the same network, directly or via VPN, still the same problem.

muralinori_sas
SAS Employee

Hi 

Few things to check:  

*  If you are in a intranet of the VA environment,  you can try connecting to VA by entering the credentials.  

*  If you are not on the intranet,  you can use VPN to the VA server and then use the app to connect to the VA.   

*  Check the port number.  are you using the correct port number? 

*  Check if the server is set to SSL.  if so, you need to enable "Secure connection" and provide the correct port number.  

*  Is the Blacklist enabled on the VA server?  is your device blacklisted?   you can verify using the Admin "Device management".  

* Try connecting to another VA environment,  if you have access.  Just to verify if the issue is with this VA environment.  

* Do you have any iOS device?  if so,  you can try from that.  

If you still have difficulty in connecting,  I encourage to enter a Tech support track or call Tech support.  

Regards

Murali Nori 

Traskac
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Thanks for your complex answer.

I tried connected via company Wi-Fi and via VPN on my (android) mobile phone, but it´s the same problem. I don´t have any iOS device, so I can´t try it. Also I don´t have acces to another VA environment.

Server is not using SSL connection and there is no blacklist enabled.

But the port number...I found out that it could be blocked on our server for external connection or something like that. I have to ask our IT department if this is true.

Traskac
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

So, the problem is solved. It was really because of a blocked port on a host server for inbound connections. My mistake that I did not realize it at the beginning.

But thanks for replies, I appreciate it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation