BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Carrot17
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Experts,

Good day!

I would like to seek your help regarding Print to PDF? Is there any way to print all charts that fit into 1 page? Our dashboards has 12 to 16 Charts and Users want to see in the hardcopy that fit in 1 page or paper. I read in the SAS VA User's Guide that there are some consideration in printing to pdf. However, is there any way to print it fit or is it really a limitations of SAS VA? Also, we noticed that Custom Graph may not able to print (as in the custom graph is blank even there's data available when we run the dashboard in I.E or Google and only the title of custom graph can print) when we click Print to PDF or is it also a limitation? Please help. Thank you so much.

Appreciated much if you could share any documents for coding/programming the Print to PDF in SAS VA. Thank you.

NOTE: Our SAS Visual Analytics Designer version is 7.1 Hotfix 4.

Best Regards,

Carrot17

2 REPLIES 2
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Carrot17,

By default, all visible report objects (not controls) from a section should be printed in one page, similar to WYSIWYG. If you are using containers for example, only what is visible at the time you print will be printed. If this is not your case, please, clarify.

Also, I'm not aware of specific restrictions for printing Custom Graphs - I actually have a report with a custom chart and it prints well. I've tested it with VA 7.1 and 7.3.

If I correctly understood the issues you described, it might be the case for reaching out to SAS Tech Support.

There is no programming interface for printing VA reports, but I'd like to hightlight that VA allows you to schedule report distribution by email. The email message comes with an url to the live report and starting with VA 7.2, a PDF version is also attached to the email.

Best,

Renato

salamabdeen
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!! 

I am using Sas VA 7.3, and I need to know if it is possible to change the default path of the printed pdfs out of the report viewer.

Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation