BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Hi! Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Yes, it does makes sense and would certainly be useful in other scenarios as well. I have forwarded this feature request to our product manager. Essentially you are after display rule support for path analysis. This way you can assign colors either by distinct event value or by specifying a value range given a metric (frequency or weight).

I can give you an update once this has been prioritized so you can get an idea if/when this will be available. But again - really appreciate your feedback here. This is the reason the community forum exists - so SAS can help customers and learn more about how the software is used - win = win Smiley Wink.

Stay tuned. Falko

chuie
Quartz | Level 8

sankey.PNG

\

After good read and research i have developed this patient flow diagram. So this diagram only tells the most two common path ( sequence ) of patient or is there anything else we can tell from this diagram that I have missed to observe?

Also how to display  the frequency  in each path?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi chuie,

The number of paths that are displayed is determined by the options on the Options pane. The Path ranking count option specifies a maximum number of paths, but several other options (Minimum / Maximum frequency, Minimum / Maximum path length) also determine which paths are displayed. Of course, any path filters you create will also affect the number of paths.

Either the Link labels option or the Nodes option specifies whether the path width (frequency) is displayed. I can't remember which one it is.

The documentation for the 8.3 Path Analysis object can be found here:

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.3&docsetId=vaobj&docsetTarget=p0iff44qtc0ncl...

I'm not sure whether you have 8.3 if you are using the demo. Let us know if you need information for a different VA release.

Hope this helps,

Sam

chuie
Quartz | Level 8

Sam I want to display the data level( as in sample path A has 250 patient n so one ) in each path.

Is there a way to add those? I went thru the options but couldn't find where we can display the data label for each path.

Please help

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Yes, that is the Link labels path display option. It should display the frequency of each incoming/outgoing path segment next to the node. Dependent on the size of the graph - you may have to zoom in a bit for labels to be shown. I believe things are automatically hidden to avoid label collision.

Cheers, Falko

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
As Falko says, sometimes the labels won't be displayed if there is not enough room. Zooming or making the graph larger might allow the labels to be displayed.

Also, when you move your cursor over a link (not a node) you should see the path frequency as a tooltip.
chuie
Quartz | Level 8

yes ... got it .

Thank you 

chuie
Quartz | Level 8

Hi There,

Is there a way where we can determine the "length" of path with something else .

Foe example arrival and triage is 2 mins for patient A and 3 minutes for patient B ans so on for all patients.

So the average time from arrival to triage is 6 minutes and triage to  RN seen is 20 minutes so the path  length of arrival to trage is shorter than  triage to RN seen?

Please advise

Thank you

C

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Chuie,

You cannot assign a measure to determine the length of links between nodes. You can assign a weight measure to the width of the links, which is used instead of frequency. I believe you would need choose Link width = Weight on the Options pane to show the weight as width.

It might make sense for your report to display two diagrams, one with frequency and one with your "time elapsed" variable.

Hope this helps,

Sam

chuie
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you. Will create two reports as you suggested.
I would be thankful if a developer add a feature where we can mannully
assign desired color of each node path depending upon the metric( in my
example time it takes form point A to B) or assigning a length depending
upon a metric would be fine too.
Thank you again. This wrap up my question on Path diagram. I appreciate
Sam's and Falgo's PROMPT and valuable guidance .
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Great! We are glad to help. I hope your director will be impressed with your report 🙂

Falko should be able to convey your feature request.

Thanks,

Sam

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 in conversation