BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vpanzagarcia
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, my first question.

I have a hierarchy with 14 levels, because my client requested that way.

The first level cell have a white background, but it gets darker each lever and at the end i can read because the font color is the same as the background color.

How can i avoid de color getting darker, avoid the gradient?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello,

14 levels, wow! I think we did not anticipate so many levels.

If you apply the High Contrast theme, does that help? Or are the labels in the leftmost levels impossible to read (white on white?)

I believe it should be possible in the theme designer to create a custom theme with no gradient in the row headings. You might need to check with your application admin if you don't have the permissions to edit themes.

In VA 8.1 and later, we do not have a gradient in the crosstab headings (or at least not in the default themes.)

I hope this helps,
Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello,

14 levels, wow! I think we did not anticipate so many levels.

If you apply the High Contrast theme, does that help? Or are the labels in the leftmost levels impossible to read (white on white?)

I believe it should be possible in the theme designer to create a custom theme with no gradient in the row headings. You might need to check with your application admin if you don't have the permissions to edit themes.

In VA 8.1 and later, we do not have a gradient in the crosstab headings (or at least not in the default themes.)

I hope this helps,
Sam
vpanzagarcia
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, thanks for replying.

I'm using the 7.1 version.

The high contrast does exactly what you predicted. The leftmost levels are impossible to read or right most if the font color is black.

On Theme Designer I didn't find anything to customize the heading rows, only the measure rows.

Thanks, anyway, appreciated.

Perhaps my doubt can help others.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I don't know much about Theme Designer, sorry I can't help you there. Maybe someone else can offer a suggestion.

Perhaps you can convince your client to split this hierarchy into 2 or even 3 hierarchies to make the levels more manageable. Regardless of the color issue, I would be concerned about the usability of the crosstab with such a deep hierarchy.

Good luck,

Sam

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation