BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
r0oki3
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a list table that contains one category and multiple measures which are updated based on the filters that are selected using the drop down. In certain filter criteria, the category has a measure value of 0 across all measures and that row is not being displayed. How do I make it to display 0 or . when all the measures are 0?

Like below all the years are not showing up for a particular set of filters.

category     frequency   measure2

2010           10

2012           12

2013             2

2016           15

I want to show 2011,2014,2015 as 0 across multiple measures.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
r0oki3
Obsidian | Level 7

I contacted SAS Support, explained the situation. No way to do it as of now. It may be implemented in the future versions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Simplest method is just to create a template dataset and merge back:

proc sort data=have out=temp nodupkey;
  by category;
run;

... do freq

data want;
  merge freq_output temp;
  by category;
  if freq=. then freq=0;
run;

Note that is psuedo code, post test data in the form of a datastep in future please, and also show your code.

r0oki3
Obsidian | Level 7

I am not trying to write code. The table that I am showing is a list object in SAS Visual Analytics. 

r0oki3
Obsidian | Level 7

I contacted SAS Support, explained the situation. No way to do it as of now. It may be implemented in the future versions.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@r0oki3 - Can you mark your post as answered then?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation