BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanhNguyen
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I'm user of SAS VA 7.3 , I need help to create a cumulative chart for making a collected amount of current sales in comparison to last months in days of month. I have searched a solution at this forum but I can not create a day of month of transaction date. I use a calculated item and choose day of month function but when I drag and drop transaction date field. It failed and notified date time type is not allowed for 'day of month' function  although I have modified the field to Date type in SAS field  format card or even change it in SQL syntax. It is still unable to get day of month from that field 😞

Please help !

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/cumulative-Chart-in-SAS-VA/td-p/271616

1 REPLY 1
Pmyosh
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Can you please display here your sample data?

If your data is Date + Time, you can get the date portion using DATEPART(yourvariable) and from there you should be able to get the day of the month.

Let us know the results.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation