BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AErskine1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm creating a report in SAS Visual Analytics for an HR department which will involve a graph showing organisational structure. Ideally I'd like to visualise this using a pyramid / funnel type chart such as the example I attached (used Power BI). I have found a fudge using the butterfly chart and creating two 'half-frequency' variables but I don't think this will really cut it. I've also tried to look at if a bar charts axis could be centered as I think this would produce the same visualisation but unfortunately haven't found a way to do this.

Hoping someone has had a similar problem already or could think of a solution? If not will just have to use a different way to visualise this and hope SAS Visual Analytics has this in the future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If you have VA 8.3 or later, you could create one as a data-driven content object.

I would imagine that D3 code for this type of chart is available somewhere.

I was going to suggest the butterfly chart workaround, but I see you have thought of it already.

Sam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If you have VA 8.3 or later, you could create one as a data-driven content object.

I would imagine that D3 code for this type of chart is available somewhere.

I was going to suggest the butterfly chart workaround, but I see you have thought of it already.

Sam

AErskine1
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, for highlighting that, looks like a useful feature to know. It's currently a SAS 9.4 and VA 7.4 environment but I think they're are looking at rolling out SAS Viya and could suggest it as a possible improvement if/when that happens 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation