BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Arsi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

Facing some challenges in SAS Visual Analytics 7.4 where I have to create a dashboard based on the concept of Ageing where we deal with historical data. My data-set is prepared in Enterprise Guide which has transformations and calculations being carried out based on a date time/date parameter during the beginning of the job.

Currently the data is created As on Date (the current timestamp at which the job is running). Is there a way to pass this parameter from the SAS VA viewer to populate data for a particular date in the past for comparative analytics on the dashboards?

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello Arsi,

I am not an expert in data preparation, but I believe that in your data step, you could create a variable like this:

jobdate=today();

Then you could use the value of jobdate in your calculated items in VA.

Using date values in calculations can be tricky, so you might want to search this community for tips on calculating the number of days between date values, and so on.

I hope this helps,
Sam
Arsi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Sam

Thanks for addressing the question.

While I agree that date value based calculations are tricky, there are many calculations based on numeric as well a textual data and many transformations such as append, joins etc. done at EG which might not be ideal to push it to the VA interface.

So we are talking about fetching data dynamically at run-time from SAS EG Jobs based on these date-time/date parameters entered from the VA viewer.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Sounds like I misunderstood -- you want to pass a parameter value selected in VA back into EG? I've never heard of this. Maybe someone else will have an idea of how it could be done.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation