BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Hey everyone...

So is it true you cannot format the legend in a bar or line chart in SAS VA 7.5?

Thank you!

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Unfortunately, you do not have control over the font size. Beginning with release 7.5, you can set styles for individual graph components such as the axis labels, tick values, and data tips. However, you can no longer change the size of the font used in the legend. You can still select a different font by using the Style options on the Options tab.

https://support.sas.com/kb/64/977.html

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I'm pretty sure you should have the following options:

Background style

specifies the color and transparency of the background for the legend.

Border line style

specifies the thickness and color of the border around the legend.

Placement

specifies the position of the legend.

Visibility

specifies whether the legend is displayed (On) or hidden (Off).

I don't have a 7.5 install available at the moment to check.

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for responding Sam_SAS! Sorry I just saw this. I didn't see an email notification.

This is a screen snippet of the only options available in SAS 7.5 regarding the legend in a chart. Could it possibly be that this is addressed in a Hot Fix?

My understanding is our version has had no Hot Fixes installed.

ghartge_0-1588787238790.png

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The options in the screen shot are the only ones available for the graph legend. What other style do you want to change?

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8
Just the legend...larger font and font color
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Unfortunately, you do not have control over the font size. Beginning with release 7.5, you can set styles for individual graph components such as the axis labels, tick values, and data tips. However, you can no longer change the size of the font used in the legend. You can still select a different font by using the Style options on the Options tab.

https://support.sas.com/kb/64/977.html

myleha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Madelyn!

Is there any way I could change the legend's name in SAS VA 8.5? For example, I have the following legend, 0 and 1, which doesn't make much sense. I wanted to give them a more meaningful name. I've searched for similar topics but this one is the most related but nobody mentioned about changing the legend text.

Thank you in advance!

myleha_0-1617856063659.png

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The legend will show the name of the data item used in the Group role plus the actual values. You could create a custom category to create more descriptive labels for 0 and 1. And then use that custom category in the Group role. 

myleha
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you! I was able to do it by creating custom category.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation