BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
killiangavin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm currently building a crosstab in SAS VA and I am having trouble with some of the formatting. 

Firstly is it possible to change the width and colour of rows in a crosstab? At the moment my rows are too skinny.

Crosstab.PNG

Secondly Is it possible to include a row above my column headings? I want to split my columns into two separate sections and need to include a row at the top which will contain the two different headings.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Killian 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If you structured your data so that "Last Month", "Last Quarter", and "YTD" were values of a single column, then you could make a hierarchy and assign that hierarchy to the crosstab to get this result.

Can you share the version of VA that you have? This is important for us to help you further.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Which version of VA do you have? In 8.3 there are some options to control the formatting of your rows. I am not sure offhand about earlier versions.

I don't think the second thing you are asking for is possible. You want to include two different levels of column headings, where the columns are separate variables and not hierarchy members?

Sam

killiangavin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. I've attach a snapshot of the way i'd like to format the headings and underneath the sub-headings. 

Crosstab 1.PNG

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If you structured your data so that "Last Month", "Last Quarter", and "YTD" were values of a single column, then you could make a hierarchy and assign that hierarchy to the crosstab to get this result.

Can you share the version of VA that you have? This is important for us to help you further.

killiangavin
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Sam,

I am using SAS Visual Analytics version 7.3 .

Killian 

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Thanks Killian,

When you say your rows are too skinny, do you actually mean the columns? You can click and drag the edges of the column headings to resize the columns.

If you want the rows to be taller, you might try setting a larger font size for the row headings. This will make the value cells in the crosstab taller and increase white space above and below the cell value.

There are some other options available in newer versions of VA, but I think this is your best bet in 7.3.
killiangavin
Calcite | Level 5

The larger font size worke perfect.

Thank you ,

Killian 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation