BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have the following filters at Page Level:

1) Dropdown list #1 for Source with categories( Mailbox A, Feedback Form A, App A)

2) Dropdown list #2 for Medium with categories( Email, Web Portal, Agency App, Phone, Counter)

So the above 2 will dictate other objects in the page, like charts, crosstab etc.....Here's the qn: When I choose Mailbox A at the Dropdown list#1, how can Dropdown list#2 automatically select Email? I can add an Advanced Filter in Dropdown List #2 (using IF..ELSE) to show only Email when Mailbox A is selected at #1, but showing doesn't mean selecting. How to get Email to be selected without users doing so? I am using SAS VA 8.3.

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello @mattneo ,

In the options for the drop-down list, do you see an "Initially select first item" option? I believe this should get the behavior you want when Mailbox A is selected, but I'm not sure if there will be unwanted side effects.

I don't think there is another way to cause a control to automatically select an item.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Sam

mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately "Initially select first item" did not work; nothing was selected in dropdownlist#2, even when "Mailbox A" was selected in dropdownlist#1.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Oh well. Thanks for following up. Someone else may have different ideas to try.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation