BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vaibhavchavan
Calcite | Level 5

I am looking to create a bar chart with two different categories that i can switch between using a button bar. these two categories are two fields in my table. I couldnt find a way using a calculated field or parameters to create a button bar that allows me to switch between categories

@Sam_SAS 

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In Visual Analytics 8.5 and later, a report designer can allow report viewers to switch data items in the report objects. 

MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

One example for a workaround: Solved: Creating dynamic measures in stacked bar chart - SAS Support Communities)

Another workaround could be using stacking containers with one bar chart each.

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

The example @MarkusWeick linked to is a little more complicated than what you want to do, but the basic idea of using a parameter and a calculated item is the same.

A stacking container is also a good idea.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation