BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
paul_e
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I need to count the number of individuals for each group that fulfil a requirement regarding the group, for instance: How many individuals in a group have a difference of less than 2 from the group average? When I try to create the corresponding calculated item in VA I get the following error since VA won't combine non-aggregated and aggregated values with numeric operators:

"Operand can only be aggregated, but this operator does not support aggregation"

3 REPLIES 3
paul_e
Obsidian | Level 7

I understand that I can persist the aggregated values in a new aggregated table but this will cause a loss of interactivity since the aggregated table doesn't get updated when report parameters change.

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Providing sample data and expected result will help in understanding what you want.

You can mock up something with sashelp.cars, this is available in every SAS installation.

In my experience when you use control objects on page or report level they will also filter aggregated data sources.

Also have a look at the AggregateCells operator, as this allows you to define a different bygroup for aggregation as is used on the object. 

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ
The last paragraph should be:
Also have a look at the AggregateTable operator, as this allows you to define a different bygroup for aggregation as is used on the object.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation