BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LoriGoldman
Obsidian | Level 7
@ChrisHemedinger - I'm fascinated by this Swag contest you've got going. I have to say that while I've been very engaged in the SGF related community conversations, I have not been engaged in other topics on the communities site. Since I "joined" the SGF Forum, I get emails on all of the conversations. But, as you've said, this forum works differently than the other topics/tracks on the SAS Communities site.

I'm not sure how to engage in the other areas. Do you pick a topic and troll the site trying to find a problem you might be able to solve? Is there a way to set alerts so you get emails about questions of which you may have a solution? Is it targeted? The last thing I want is to turn on an alert and get flooded with emails.

All the folks who are not @ChrisHemedinger or SAS Employees, but who still contribute regularly, I'm interested in how you do it? How do you fit it into your work-day? Do you spend your lunch hour reading the site?

Chris - I know you can't reveal what the secret swag is, but for those of us who have trouble packing lightly, can you at least say whether the secret prize is smaller than a bread basket? Or a shoe box or a book? Would I be able to fit it in my suitcase should I win? It's not looking likely, but ...

Inquiring minds want to know 🙂
Lori

nancy88wilson
Fluorite | Level 6
**Or at least: Chris, can you promise to have it shipped? 🙂
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Oh @LoriGoldman - pay attention.  It's a secret no longer!

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @LoriGoldman,

I hope we get to meet in person at SASGF and we can have a chat about approaches to interacting in the SAS Community I've done over the years.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

P.S. Hope you can make Monday nights #SASGF #TweetUp Smiley Happy

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
LoriGoldman
Obsidian | Level 7
@MichelleHomes - I'd like that.

I'm planning to be there Monday night at the Tweetup. I've never been to a tweetup before, and I'm wondering whether I need to know my Twitter account password or LinkedIn password in order to participate fully?

Thanks,
Lori
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

A Tweetup is a meet up for people connected on Twitter (or would like to be as well as those that aren't on Twitter and want to come along). It is an informal social gathering where "Tweeps" can guide you in your Twitter journey. If you know your Twitter handle and password that would help if you want to tweet - which we hope people do 😉 It is also a way to expand your Twitter network, getting new followers, getting Twitter tips and tricks, and sharing content.

We have some games and fun activities planned and with the 1920s theme we're hoping it is a fun conference ice-breaker.

Look forward to meeting you soon!

Kind Regards,

Michelle

P.S. Feel free to follow me at @HomesAtMetacoda and I'll follow back and we can direct message one another if you like.

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
AndrewHowell
"Tweeps"?? I thought we were "Twits"!!
LauraJean
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everyone!

Newbie to SAS Communites and SAS GLOBAL! Hope to earn some Communites Swag! 🙂

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager
Welcome! You certainly have time to earn some swag. Looking forward to meeting you and chatting at the Communities area in the Quad.

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
MaryR
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I want to take a moment and thank you all so much for the excellent swag!  I especially love the bag -- I think it may be my favorite SAS memento of all time!  That was a very fun promotion with super creative prizes.  Thanks!

Cheers,

Mary R.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Agree with @MaryR! I'm looking forward to being charged for my flight this evening!

image.jpeg

Thank you!

Michelle

AndrewHowell

Thanks for Communities Swag, @ChrisHemedinger@ShelleySessoms & everyone else in the SAS Communities Team!

IMG_2559.JPG

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Thank you very much, the unique bag became especially useful and nice!
And great to meet you, absolutely not the same than just on the Communities 🙂
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I'm thrilled everyone liked the swag so much. We had fun picking out the items. Credit goes to @BeverlyBrown for suggesting the bag. It was certainly the hit of the conference. And those of you who received one? Well, you're one of only about 20 people who earned it! 

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

surely proud to be the owner of one of these useful collectors item bags. 

Greetings  Peter 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats