BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Reeza
Super User

@ShelleySessoms Can you register for courses at SAS Global Forum without registering for conference?

I'll end up in Las Vegas for part of the conference...:)

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @Reeza - I reached out to you off-list to find out more about your plans, and explore options.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
MaggieM
SAS Employee

Reeza,

Yes! You can register for SAS training courses without attending the conference. You will need to use the registration link on the training webpage: http://support.sas.com/training/sasglobalforum/

jimw
Calcite | Level 5

Looking forward to attending the forum again!

AndrewHowell

Got a problem - I've got all bar one of the badges (First Accepted Solution) - and I want that swag..(and the mystery prize would be nice, too..)

I've been the first responder to various questions - how do I get the users to accept the solution (beyond sending them a message and hoping that get around to it)?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@AndrewHowell You could add something to your message signature along the lines of "If you find this message to be helpful, please give it Likes or mark as Accepted Solution."  That little nudge sometimes helps.

Beyond that, if you have a reply that you know to be absolutely objectively correct, send me a link to it (PM or e-mail) and I'll see what I can do.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager
That really is the best way, @AndrewHowell. We also implemented an auto-reply 5 days after the question was posed. That reply asks if the OP was given a solution and encourages them to mark things as accepted to help the overall community.

You can reply to the OP when you feel the answer was helpful and ask if they'll accept it. It can even be done via their email notification.

Good luck! I hope to be awarding you all the swag in a few weeks!

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Davanden
Obsidian | Level 7

It might not hurt to mention the contest and add a smily face.  If someone sees that you're trying to win a prize, they might be willing to help out.

--Dav

SassyStacy
Explorer | Level 4

Hi!

I'm looking forward to the SGF2016 (my 4th SGF/SUGI) and I would LOVE to earn community swag and win the mystery prize!!!

Please help me out by "Liking" this message!

Cat Wink

Cheers!

AndrewHowell
Sorry, cannot "Like" because I want the mystery prize!!
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@AndrewHowell and @SassyStacy -- You earn the Motivator badge for giving Likes, not getting them.  You've heard "it's better to give than to receive?"  And remember, you need to get that First Accepted Solution to go along with it so that you can walk away with our one-of-a-kind swag bag.

jmhorstman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey Chris!

That First Accepted Solution badge seems to be the most difficult to earn among the ones associated with this year's swag.  Posters of problems do not often mark a solution as accepted, and there seems to be a race to solve problems which are posted.  Simple problems often have many solutions posted within minutes, so it's difficult to compete.

Any suggestions?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@jmhorstman wrote:

... there seems to be a race to solve problems which are posted. 

Music to my ears!

But seriously, I understand it's a challenge.  If you respond to a question with an answer that you KNOW is the best correct answer and the original poster hasn't marked an accepted solution, you can let us know (private message me or one of the other community managers).  We do sometimes close the loop when the original poster doesn't take the action.  Still, hundreds of topics are marked solved each month -- so there are opportunities!