BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi All,

I just noticed having an odd problem with EG code autocomplete.  It seems to be off by one.

So if I type &file and hit space, it selects &extension, and replaces it.

file.jpg

If I start to type &method , after I have typed &me it guesses I'm typing &just

method.jpg

Any idea what could be going wrong?  I have quit and restarted EG. And turned autocomplete off and on.   Seems to be happening only in one program in the project.

Thanks,

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi Quentin,

It looks like you have some "interesting" macro variables at least as far as EG detects (with "Fileref|Filename|Filepath").  Still could be an off-by-one issue in the editor, but perhaps only with your "special mix" of macro variables?

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi Quentin,

It looks like you have some "interesting" macro variables at least as far as EG detects (with "Fileref|Filename|Filepath").  Still could be an off-by-one issue in the editor, but perhaps only with your "special mix" of macro variables?

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Quentin
Super User

You are right Chris.  I should have paused to guess at why the autocomplete thought there were some odd macro vars.  I'm in the habit of commenting my macro variables as below:

%global 
  file /* Fileref|Filename|Filepath/filename */
  method
  ;

While SAS respects those comments, looks like EG autocomplete word scanner (?) thinks everything before the semicolon is the name of a macro var, as in below simple example.

Guess some of that junk was tripping up how it autcompletes, causing the off-by-one (not shown below).  When I took out the comments, it started working again.

Thanks much!autcomplete.jpg

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming.  I'll pass that on the EG development team so they can investigate.

Chris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation