BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi all,

I am preparing myself for the Data Integration Developer exam with the "SAS® Data Integration Studio: Fast Track" self learning. In this self learning some content, which is needed für the praxis exam, isn't covered (example: "DataFlux Batch Job, DataFlux Data Service"). Do you know an additional learning ressource which covers the rest of the exam content?

Thanks, Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Even if it was a long time I held the fast track course.

As I recall the dataflux transformations were in the optional part, and of course seldom part of the practical part.

But I don't know the detailed contents of the on-line version of this course, the outline doesn't specifically stat which transformations you'll work on.

Regardless, of the whole exam, these transformations is just a fraction, and I'll think you'll do fine by reading (and understanding 😉 ) the online documentation.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @AhmedAl_Attar, thanks for the link. I can see a lot of material for data management in general, but only theSAS Data Integration Studio: Fast Track for the Data Integration Developer Certification.

Best

Markus

Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @MarkusWeick 

Just as as FYI, the future of SAS DI Studio is SAS Studio Engineer. With SAS Viya 4 (202x.x) being the future platform going forwards, there is a push to move over to the Web only Interface (SAS Studio)

Check this article SAS Viya 2021.2 – Migrating SAS Data Integration (DI) Studio Jobs to SAS Studio Flows

Here is a link to online docs LTS 2022.09 (November 2022)

To my knowledge, there are no more development/enhancement to SAS 9 Platform, Only hotfixes and support. All new development are done in SAS Viya 4. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if there is only limited training offerings for V9 technologies/solutions, new courses are being developed for the ever changing SAS Viya 😉

Hope this helps

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Even if it was a long time I held the fast track course.

As I recall the dataflux transformations were in the optional part, and of course seldom part of the practical part.

But I don't know the detailed contents of the on-line version of this course, the outline doesn't specifically stat which transformations you'll work on.

Regardless, of the whole exam, these transformations is just a fraction, and I'll think you'll do fine by reading (and understanding 😉 ) the online documentation.

Data never sleeps
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @LinusH, so far I have used the documentation just for reference. But I see the point in going through it systematically.

Best

Markus

Anne_A
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @MarkusWeick ,

I prepared (and passed 🙃) the exam a few months ago, using that exact same course. I found that a lot of necessary topics (e.g., SCD) are covered in the "extended learning" section. And, I thoroughly followed your advice to check the Exam Content Guide 😊, which also helped a lot. Feel free to message me directly would you have any specific question.

Cheers

Anne.

MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @Anne_A, I just checked the "extended learning" section, which I had ignored before (shame on me). May be I'll come back with more questions when I have worked my way through it.

Best

Markus

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation