BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MrManSledge
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I'm pretty sure I finished and passed the SAS certification for either base programmer 1 or 2 back in 2018. I can't find a place to verify this one the SAS website or the SAS communities website.

Has anybody had success locating a certification? I attended the class in person.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Have you checked here?
https://www.sas.com/en_ca/certification/resources/certified-professionals-directory.html

FYI - classes are not certifications, they're simply a measure of completion. The certifications require you to take and pass the exam, course completion is optional. Either way, you can search the directory above unless you specifically asked to be excluded.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
Have you checked here?
https://www.sas.com/en_ca/certification/resources/certified-professionals-directory.html

FYI - classes are not certifications, they're simply a measure of completion. The certifications require you to take and pass the exam, course completion is optional. Either way, you can search the directory above unless you specifically asked to be excluded.
MrManSledge
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Reeza! I guess I never got certified. I remember doing the base level 1 online for free then doing a test, but I guess that's just course completion and not certification.

Then did level 2 in person, but again...probably didn't get certified. I don't see my name in the database. 

Reeza
Super User
It goes back pretty far, think mine is from 2011 and shows up.
Mark2010
SAS Employee

A note on the directory: It is not all-inclusive. Candidates can choose to be listed in the directory or not. This is controlled from your Certification Manager account at www.certmetrics.com/sas under the "Profile" section. As it relates to employers looking to validate if a job candidate has a certification, it is better to ask the candidate for a digital verification of the credential, which could be a publicly shared credential such as the digital badge, or the candidate could choose to provide the employer with a private electronic credential verification via the "transcript" functionality in the Certification Manager account. 

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation