BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi together,

I have searched the directory a little bit and was surprised, that employer names were rarely published.

Is there a reason for it, which I have missed?

Thanks

Markus 

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark2010
SAS Employee

No solid answers, but a couple ideas:

1) A lot of SAS certification exams are taken by students, so no employer.

2) Then there are 3 reasons why people get certified:

1. Keep a job - these folks would likely share their company info.
  2. Get a job - these folks don't have a company.
  3. Get a better job, may not want to be associated with their current company.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello, 

When a candidate opts to be added to the professional directory they have the option to choose to share or not to share their company information.  This is why you are not seeing companies listed.  Candidates may choose not to share their company information for a variety of reasons but the directory is set up with a number of options for candidates so that they can choose to share how much information they would like to be displayed.   I hope this helps. 

Thanks for your question. 

Kind regards, 

Becky 

MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

@beccagre, Thanks Becky.

So my question is, why so many candidates don't show their company information.

Best Regards

Markus

Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
Mark2010
SAS Employee

No solid answers, but a couple ideas:

1) A lot of SAS certification exams are taken by students, so no employer.

2) Then there are 3 reasons why people get certified:

1. Keep a job - these folks would likely share their company info.
  2. Get a job - these folks don't have a company.
  3. Get a better job, may not want to be associated with their current company.

MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi@Mark2010,

the students! Thanks for this aspect. I have to think about how to adjust my observations to to the share of students.

Best Regards

Markus

MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Mark2010,

I looked into the 476 German directory-entries which I get if I ask for all certifications without base and advanced programmers. I would assume that most of these are not students. There are only 16 company entries of which 9 are of the same company.

Together with your reply I assume that there is no fundamental argument against naming the company and that there is only one german company actively using the directory to show its compentence.

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation