BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
optmodel is much faster than proc lp. Message was edited by: thebittersea
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Horray - glad to hear you like it. have you reconverted some of your proc lp models in production ? or were you simply building new models with the new release? I am in the SAS marketing group and am looking forward to hearing from more customers as they take the trouble to install our upgrade. not many have discovered this forum yet - so maybe thats why you haven't gotten many responses to your question. I can tell you that our consultants have several implementations of OPTMODEL running at various customer sites already.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Mary, sorry for the late response...

We've converted all of our code from Proc LP to OptModel... in about a week. It was rather painless. The transition was much smoother than I expected. (converting from ILOG OPL 3.5 to 4 was hell!) The best part was that the entire exercise was transpartent to our downstream folks.

We had some advantages however, we've experience with AMPL/OPL/CPLEX so the 'new' SAS/OR language came naturally for us.

At any rate, our model is responsible for over 3000+ branches and 7000+ ATMs. A simple mutli-staged inventory network... 2 billion+ hard currency is being churned by SAS everyday...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation