BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Anita_n
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear all,

I am tring to create a swimmer plot for patients with different cancers. I've already got the graph working. But for some cancer types I have about 130 Patients. Is there any effective way to display such a data on a swimmer plot or does it make sense at all doing that?

I will appreciate any advice

3 REPLIES 3
djrisks
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

I believe a swimmerplot works best when there are less than around 30 patients. Otherwise it is very difficult to notice any group color's within a patient. Is it possible that you could do a swimmerplot by each group, and therefore not have to show all 130 patients on one graph?

JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11
It depends on how much detail you wish to show for each patient. I tend to limit to around 20 patients per graph if I want to go through each one in detail. If I wanted to see trends across the study without looking at each patient individually I would be fine making the lines and symbols smaller and looking at the swimming chart more like a waterfall plot.
Anita_n
Pyrite | Level 9

@djrisks @JeffMeyers  thanks for the tipps, I will try to make some groups to see if I can get the data to be smaller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation