BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
parametreSEG
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Can someone share with me the process to upgrade TTU15 to TTU16 on Windows SAS9.4M2.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Are you asking for Teradata Tools and Utilities upgrade? I don't think most of the SAS Admin's do this as activity as part of their role. Its better to reach out to Teradata DBA community for faster resolution.
parametreSEG
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your return.

I want to know how to configure SAS to use the new TTU.

And how to configue SAS to use TTU for the first time.

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

As said, probably not many SAS admins do this but I have 🙂

The process is fairly straightforward. Upgrade the Teradata client using the provided utilities. Do beware of the fact that some environment variables may have changed between 15 and 16. These are set in your environment file of choice, often the level_env_usermods.sh of your SAS configuration. Follow the Teradata guidelines for this. Also copy over any changes you made to the clisp.dat file that configures the client for eg. utf-8.

And then of course you test.

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

For using SAS/Access to Teradata on WIN 9.4 M2 you need to have this licensed first. I am assuming you have this as part of your SAS order. You also need the below client libraries installed on your SAS compute server in order to make connectivity. Since you are already on version greater than below, its taken care of.

DBMS Products Required:
• Teradata Database version 13.10 or later
• Teradata CLIv2 client libraries, TTU 13.10 or later for Windows (64-bit libraries) 

Here is the system requirements document that you can refer to. Section: SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata

https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnwx6sr/66390/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

Once you have the pre-requirements in place, trying to make a connection from the Teradata client to see if the connectivity is established successfully outside of SAS.

If its successful try to connect it via SAS libname using any client like SAS Studio or EG.

Refer to this document for the libname options and other features that the access engine offers. https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=acreldb&docsetTarget=p0gy4y5g1dy090n18jq1riw5g8d5.htm&doc...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation