BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

My understanding is that M8 would apply at least to all Foundation SAS products, not just Base SAS which is a Foundation SAS component. Also Foundation SAS products can be found bundled in other SAS offerings like SAS VA, DQ and so on.

Morse_Bill
Obsidian | Level 7

Margaret, 

Here we are, January 2023.  Is this still the plan --  2023 week 5 ??

Thanks!

MargaretC
SAS Employee

Yes, that is still the plan.  Stay tuned.

rvwetzel
SAS Employee

Can you please provide an update on when SAS 9.4M8 will be released? 1/31 is next Tuesday. Any delays?

MargaretC
SAS Employee

It is a go for 31JAN2023.   No delays.

Stay tuned for a blog with more details on SAS 9.4M8. 

rvwetzel
SAS Employee

Thank you. Looking forward to the blog. Going to notify a client of the 1/31 release. 

Quentin
Super User

Very exciting.  I can't wait for 9.4M8 to show up in this table 

https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/support-levels.html

with Standard Support through Feb 2028.  As soon as it's there, I will be emailing a LOT of IT people in my company to say "see, 9.4 is really truly not end of life in 2025!"

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out recordings of our past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Save the date for our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18 in Cambridge, MA. Registration opens in September.
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

I bet $5 it will be even longer than 2028 😉

B.

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

PaulShannon
Calcite | Level 5
Surely that should be you bet dollar5.
😄
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

@Quentin,

I dug up this code stored on my disk (source are either @Rick_SAS or @ChrisHemedinger, credits to those gentlemen). So, up to the date of SAS Project start at NCU, the history of SAS releases could look like this:

SGPlot23.png

all the best

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.

SAS Documentation

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@yabwon  - I guess that puts me well back in the ancient era regarding when I started using SAS. Sometimes it feels that way too 😄 !

Like everyone, I'm looking forward to what M8 has to offer as we are planning to upgrade to that version shortly.

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Has it been released? Yet ... #tap #tap

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@shoin  - Scroll earlier in the post - 31 Jan, next Tuesday.

yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

Like my favourite T-800 terminator used to say: "Old but not obsolete"  - I'm going to stick to that quote... up to the very end, mine or SAS... 😄😄😄

Bart

SAS Documentation

Quentin
Super User

Nice, I think that's from Rick's blog post:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2013/08/02/how-old-is-your-version-of-sas-release-dates-for-sas-so...

But your plot has the fully history, nice. 

One of my favorite parts of the plot is short "blip" of 7.0.  I remember that, because I started on 6.12 so 7.0 was the first time I had heard of a new SAS version.  And 7 introduced a lot (enhanced editor with COLORS, ODS, long variable names).  I remember playing with it but the company decided to keep using 6.12 for production work.  Then when 8.0 came out we used it.  I think a lot of sites just skipped 7.0 completely.

Also interesting that the gap between 9.1.3 and 9.2 was longer than thee gap between 9.4M7 and 9.4M8. Will be interesting to see what this curve looks like when (if?) M9 comes out.  Will it continue to flatten, or will the slope return to the historic slope?  Perhaps someone in the #hackathon can do a time series analysis to make some predictions. : )

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out recordings of our past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Save the date for our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18 in Cambridge, MA. Registration opens in September.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 60 likes
  • 14 in conversation