BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RexDeus9
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I've inherited SAS platforms that have the following folder structure:

- Dev:        /sas/config/Lev1

- Staging:    /sas/Config/Lev1

Notice the 'C'apital c on the staging (Config). If it was MS-Windows we wouldn't bother, but it's Linux, which means case sensitive.

This adds a burden when writing bash scripts for various maintenance purposes. WHERE can we update/change the folder once it's deployed?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
JerryV
SAS Employee
That could be in a lot of place in metadata and in scripts. If it was mine I would create a symbolic link.
joeFurbee
Community Manager

You could write your bash scripts to ignore case in the instance(s) where you're checking/using the path indicated in the post.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

RexDeus9
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Joe,

I like your answer, but it gives me some chills as well. This sounds like 'correcting' a folder name after deployment is not possible, which is pretty sad. What if we had the following:

- Dev:        /sas/config/Lev1

- Staging:    /sas/config/Lev2

I'm still stuck with a wrong folder.:-(

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
I would go with symbolic link as advised by @JerryV

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation