BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cwl
Fluorite | Level 6 cwl
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I get the following error message when validating the WorkspaceServer in SAS Management Console

[1/14/10 1:50 PM] INFO: Starting simple validation for Workspace server (level 1) - ping
[1/14/10 1:50 PM] INFO: Ping successful!
[1/14/10 1:50 PM] INFO: Starting extended validation for Workspace server (level 1) - Making a connection
[1/14/10 1:50 PM] SEVERE: Client sasdemo@VISTA64-2010 does not have permission to use server SASApp - Workspace Server (A5Q5XTFX.AV000009).
[1/14/10 1:50 PM] SEVERE: The application could not log on to the server "".
[1/14/10 1:50 PM] SEVERE: The user "SAS Administrator" could not log on to the server "SASApp - Logical Workspace Server".

I found the SAS Usage Note 38407. that's exactly the error message I'm getting. But I have checked it several times that the corresponding user is correctly created in the metadata.

the Metadata Server is running on a server with RHEL6 and the Application Server is running on a server with RHEL7. Could that be the cause?

Regards,

Christoph

8 REPLIES 8
sandykota
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Try restarting the object spawner and then validate the workspace server.

cwl
Fluorite | Level 6 cwl
Fluorite | Level 6
I restartet ObjectSpawner several times. This didn't solve the problem
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You must not use the SAS Administrator account (sasadm@saspw) for validating a workspace server. Since it is an internal account, it does not have a system account, which is needed for starting a workspace server session. Use your own personal account for this.

cwl
Fluorite | Level 6 cwl
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Kurt,
I use not the SAS Adminsistrator for Validation. I use the user sasdemo and sasdemo have all permissions.

Regards,
Christoph
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@cwl wrote:
Hi Kurt,
I use not the SAS Adminsistrator for Validation. I use the user sasdemo and sasdemo have all permissions.

Regards,
Christoph

Sorry, that was pre-coffee. It's in fact complaining about 

sasdemo@VISTA64-2010

I dug up this Note: http://support.sas.com/kb/40/920.html and this: http://support.sas.com/kb/36/029.html, which both point to the same underlying issue IMO.

I have had the first Note accepted as a solution previously: https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/SAS-EG-ERROR/td-p/342555

cwl
Fluorite | Level 6 cwl
Fluorite | Level 6
this error message was copied out of the SAS Usage Note! 😉
sasdemo is an os user and sasdemo can start a SAS process.
Stefan_Giuros1
SAS Employee

I would like to suggest to clear the spawner's credentials cache and attempt to validate the SAS Workspace Server again. This can be done by restarting the object spawner service or connecting to the object spawner machine definition in SAS Management Console by right clicking on the machine definition and selecting 'Connect'. After you have connected right click on the machine definition again and select 'Clear Spawner Credentials Cache'.

Also, it would be of help to paste the specific error message, not the one from the SAS note.

Hope this helps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation