BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thecoolking
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Can anyone point me to resources on installing ControlM (scheduling tool from BMC) on SASv9.4M4 windows environments? My client has 3 separate machines, one for each metadata, compute and middle-tier. 

Thanks!

thecoolking

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @thecoolking ,

SAS 9 has got direct integration only with the OS scheduler, IBM Process Manager and with SAS Workload Orchestrator.

For any other option, such as ControlM, it is fine, but then you would need to follow the standards, as described in the Scheduling Guide. For your reference: https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=bicdc&cdcVersion=9.4&docsetId=scheduleug&docsetTarget=titlepage...

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @thecoolking 

In my experience this task is mostly handled by Control-M admin team. You will have to install agent on the compute server using which when jobs are scheduled using the GUI, SAS is invoked in batch mode using the batch server.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation