BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi folks, 

We have 3 SAS Environment (infrastructure and configuration are identically). We performed an updated to M7 on one of the environments without any error. Now, we are implementing the updated to the next ones. In the middle time, our license entered in grace period (the renovation process is ongoing). 

In the second server, once the license is in grace period, started to have multiple errors during the configuration update. Most of them in the web part. Is there any problem to apply the update during license grace period?

Regards, 

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In theory being in the grace period shouldn't cause any problems. However to remove that as a possible cause of error I suggest you request a new licence from SAS to avoid grace period warnings.

SAS upgrades are tricky enough as it is without introducing another source of potential problems.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks, @SASKiwi . I restored the backup of environment already updated and process it again. On that environment, everything runs ok. 

So, I restored the backup on the one with error and process it again. Again, on that machine I have the same error:

The following problem was encountered while configuring SAS Decision Manager
Common Mid-Tier for Decision Manager:

getSASInfrastructureDataServer failed: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0

Configuration
script:

/<sashome>/SASDecisionManagerCommonMidTierforDecisionManager/3.3/Config/dcmcommid_config.xml

For
more information, see the log file located
at

/<sas>/<config>/Lev1/Logs/Configure/dcmcommid_updateConfigure_XXXXX.log

I opened the log and the only information is:

[echo] Standard 2.2 DCM Common data server login lookup.
     [echo] getSASInfrastructureDataServerCredentials: Decision Manager Com Data Svr Cfg 3.3
[getSASInfrastructureDataServerCredentials_script] 2020-12-06 03:25:39,495 [main] INFO  com.sas.services.session.SessionContext - Lock of session context successful. Application Name=com.sas.services.session.SessionService Session Context=fc6b2e1771abf341:323cd7e3:17636156025:-7ff7
[getSASInfrastructureDataServerCredentials_script] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0
[getSASInfrastructureDataServerCredentials_script]      at java.util.Collections$EmptyList.get(Collections.java:4456)

Any idea what is going on? 

Regards, 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Looks like something is wrong with your current mid-tier configuration of SAS Decision Manager. I don't have any experience with this product so I'd suggest you raise a track with SAS Tech Support.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @SASKiwi ,

Thanks, unfortunately I had to reconfigure it from scratch. 

Regards. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation