BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CMC-Stan
Fluorite | Level 6
For 3 variances, with 2 correlated, that might be a heuristic approach that gets to an approximate df. But right now, we're struggling with finding a way to get it for 2. I think we're all agreed now that SAS doesn't provide such a calculation in MIXED or GLIMMIX. At this point, we have to resort to writing our own code to carry this out. I wonder if it's worth it given that it's straightforward to just use the PRIOR option in MIXED and generate it from the posteriors.
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you have a recent version of SAS/STAT, you could directly use PROC BGLIMM for a full Bayesian analysis. 

CMC-Stan
Fluorite | Level 6
Better to stay with empirical Bayes estimates from MIXED for a problem like this, since the posteriors will give results based on the Jeffreys priors.
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The text indicated df calculated using the Satterthwaite method. But I have only scanned this.

tianlin_wang
SAS Employee

Obviously, PROC MIXED does not provide direct answer. But you can get it outside of PROC MIXED.

Ask PROC MIXED to save/print var(L'B0) and v_b_hat. Once you have these two items, then you can construct your own interval limits.

Hope trhis helps,

Tianlin Wanhg

CMC-Stan
Fluorite | Level 6
thanks Tianlin, of course that's possible, but how do you get the Satterthwaite adjusted degrees of freedom is the other question.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation