BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I 've heard about the variance inflated factor on the SAS Statistics 1 elearning. I see that on the course, VIF is always performed on continuous variables inputs with the REG procedure (which doesn't accept the "Class" option). I was wondering if there were any ways to perform a VIF analysis with categorical variables at all ? 

Thank you for your help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Generate dummy variables and run the VIF on them. For a basic GLM parameterization,  you can use the GLMMOD procedure to generate the design matrix. Be sure to include only the first k-1 dummy variables for a categorical variable with k levels.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User

I think it is impossible.

@Rick_SAS  wrote a blog about VIF before, maybe Rick could say something about it.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Generate dummy variables and run the VIF on them. For a basic GLM parameterization,  you can use the GLMMOD procedure to generate the design matrix. Be sure to include only the first k-1 dummy variables for a categorical variable with k levels.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation