BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JayChoi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!

I'm trying to use ordered Probit models, but the dependent variable has multi-level preferences (0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and unequal space, just order). Key explanatory variables are also dummy variables 1 and 0.

Would you please show examples SAS procedures and options if possible?

Please take care of you and all your family!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Check Example 44.4 Ordinal Model for Multinomial Data in the GENMOD Procedure documentation (SAS/STAT 14.1 numbering).  You would need to change the link from a cumulative logit to a cumulative probit, but the example would otherwise be the same.

SteveDenham

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Check Example 44.4 Ordinal Model for Multinomial Data in the GENMOD Procedure documentation (SAS/STAT 14.1 numbering).  You would need to change the link from a cumulative logit to a cumulative probit, but the example would otherwise be the same.

SteveDenham

JayChoi
Fluorite | Level 6
I really thank you. Actually I needed a confidence to use GENMOD. Take care of you!
JayChoi
Fluorite | Level 6

I'd like to ask one more question, are there any options to show r-square or pseudo r-square in GENMOD? Should I calculate it?

Thank you again!!

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Goodness of fit in generalized linear models is usually not summarized thru r-squared or pseudo-r-squared, for a couple of reasons. Maximum likelihood methods don't create sums of squares that fit the usual definitions, Scaled deviance and scaled Pearson's chi squared seem to be more commonly used, as are information criteria (AIC for instance).  I know there are some definitions of pseudo r-squared out in the literature and on various webaites.  I just don't think it is what people think it is (proportion of variation explained by the model) when variation in a generalized model comes from the deviance, not the variance.

AIC differences can be used to reflect how much of the original information is retained by a given model.  That's summarized in Wikipedia fairly well in the section "How to use AIC in practice."

SteveDenham 

JayChoi
Fluorite | Level 6
I really thank you for your teaching! I'll study more.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation