BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pm68
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am running a GAM using SAS GAMPL to analyse herring landing data, with a spline term on year and month set as a tensor product, as specified in the following code:

ods graphics on;
proc gampl data=sales06 seed=1234 plots;
class ref_year;
output out=sales07y p=pred_hat lower=pred_p05 upper=pred_p95 residual=pred_res;
ods output ParameterEstimates=gamparms01y FitStatistics=gamfit01y NObs=gamobs01y;
model landing_her=spline(ref_year_ ref_month_/maxdf=100) / dist=Tweedie link=log;
RUN;
ods graphics off;
quit;

I would like to get the smoothing component values for each knot (i.e., combinations of year and month), or at least for the discrete pixels of the bivariate plot that SAS outputs (see below)

SmoothingComponentPlot12.png

Could anyone help me on that?

Cheers

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can get the smoothing component in the output data set by asking for the linear predictor and by using the COMPONENT option. For example:

model landing_her=spline(ref_year_ ref_month_/maxdf=100) / dist=Tweedie link=log;
output out=SmoothComp linp=LinP/ COMPONENT;
RUN;

If you want the (x,y) values, you have to merge the original data and the output data set :

data All;
merge sales06 SmoothComp;
run;

/* OPTIONAL: visualize the smoothing component */
proc template;
   define statgraph surface;
      begingraph / designwidth=defaultDesignHeight;
         layout overlay;
            contourplotparm z=LinP_ref_year_ref_month_ y=ref_month_ x=ref_year_ / gridded=FALSE;
         endlayout;
      endgraph;
   end;
run;

proc sgrender data=ALL template=surface;
run;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pm68
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Ksharp for the quick feedback. Do you mean I should now contact @Rick_SAS, or is this implicit? Sorry  if the question is a bit  naive, but I have only recently started posting on the SAS communities forum.

Cheers,

Paul

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

When anyone "at-mentions" a user, they are automatically notified. So in this case, I got an email when KSharp mentioned me. Of course, the person mentioned might not have the time or interest to respond, but they are notified.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can get the smoothing component in the output data set by asking for the linear predictor and by using the COMPONENT option. For example:

output out=SmoothComp linp=LinP/ COMPONENT;
RUN;

If you want the (x,y) values, you have to merge the original data and the output data set :

data All;
merge sales06 SmoothComp;
run;

/* OPTIONAL: visualize the smoothing component */
proc template;
   define statgraph surface;
      begingraph / designwidth=defaultDesignHeight;
         layout overlay;
            contourplotparm z=LinP_ref_year_ref_month_ y=ref_month_ x=ref_year_ / gridded=FALSE;
         endlayout;
      endgraph;
   end;
run;

proc sgrender data=ALL template=surface;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation