BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mushy
Quartz | Level 8

Hello ,

How could i find dependency/importance/weightage between Dependent variables in SAS?

Example:

Var1 Var2 Result

1      2          5

3     2          7

in the above example weigtage of var2 is higher because the formala is result=var1+2var2

Thanks,

Mushy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Your question is not clear, but if you are asking how to assess the relative importance of predictor (independent) variables in a model on a response (dependent) variable, then see this note

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User

The first step for you question is summary statistic by exploring scatter plot.

proc sgscatter data=sashelp.heart(obs=100);
matrix height weight Diastolic Systolic/ellipse diagonal=(histogram);
run; 

Ksharp_0-1717918965992.png

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Mushy wrote:

How could i find dependency/importance/weightage between Dependent variables in SAS?

Example:

Var1 Var2 Result

1      2          5

3     2          7

in the above example weigtage of var2 is higher because the formala is result=var1+2var2

I find this confusing sequence of statements. I am not sure what you want.

You start by asking about correlation between independent and dependent variables in the subject line, and then only talk about dependent variables "How could i find dependency/importance/weightage between Dependent variables in SAS?"

You state the fact "in the above example weigtage of var2 is higher because the formala is result=var1+2var2" but this isn't a question; what is the relevance of this?

--
Paige Miller
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Your question is not clear, but if you are asking how to assess the relative importance of predictor (independent) variables in a model on a response (dependent) variable, then see this note

Mushy
Quartz | Level 8

@StatDave @Ksharp @PaigeMiller  Thanks for the response. Your posts helped me to explore the statistics graph and used different procs for dependency check.

ballardw
Super User

I'm not sure what your may be thinking about asking with correlation but if I build a data set with your formula for some data and run a regression:

data examine;
  do x1= 1 to 25;
     do x2 = -5 to 5;
        result = x1 + 2*x2;
        output;
      end;
   end;
run;

proc reg data=examine;
   model result=x1 x2;
run;

The coefficient for X2 is that "weight"

Parameter Estimates
Variable DF Parameter
Estimate
Standard
Error
t Value Pr > |t|
Intercept 1 0 0 . .
x1 1 1.00000 0 Infty <.0001
x2 1 2.00000 0 Infty <.0001

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 in conversation