BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mushy
Quartz | Level 8

Hello ,

How could i find dependency/importance/weightage between Dependent variables in SAS?

Example:

Var1 Var2 Result

1      2          5

3     2          7

in the above example weigtage of var2 is higher because the formala is result=var1+2var2

Thanks,

Mushy

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

The first step for you question is summary statistic by exploring scatter plot.

proc sgscatter data=sashelp.heart(obs=100);
matrix height weight Diastolic Systolic/ellipse diagonal=(histogram);
run; 

Ksharp_0-1717918965992.png

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Mushy wrote:

How could i find dependency/importance/weightage between Dependent variables in SAS?

Example:

Var1 Var2 Result

1      2          5

3     2          7

in the above example weigtage of var2 is higher because the formala is result=var1+2var2

I find this confusing sequence of statements. I am not sure what you want.

You start by asking about correlation between independent and dependent variables in the subject line, and then only talk about dependent variables "How could i find dependency/importance/weightage between Dependent variables in SAS?"

You state the fact "in the above example weigtage of var2 is higher because the formala is result=var1+2var2" but this isn't a question; what is the relevance of this?

--
Paige Miller
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Your question is not clear, but if you are asking how to assess the relative importance of predictor (independent) variables in a model on a response (dependent) variable, then see this note

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation