BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bhr-q
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all,

Is it correct to use the code below to obtain the λ in a Box-Cox transformation?

I’m unsure because my model includes an independent categorical variable (pre_score) plus a few categorical and continuous confounders (age neuro_scale sex).

I was looking for a way to include a class statement to account for the categorical nature of these variables, but it seems that PROC TRANSREG does not support the class statement.

Is that necessary to include the categorical nature of these variable?

%let c = 1.45;
proc transreg data=tmp1 ss2 details plots=(boxcox); model BoxCox(fim / parameter=&c convenient lambda=-2 to 2 by 0.05) = identity(pre_score age neuro_scale sex); run;

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Ksharp
Super User
If you really want include some category variables in PROC TRANSREG ,
You could try to transform them into 0-1 variables to form a Design Matrix(include continuous variables),
and feed this Design Matrix into PROC TRANSREG .
Check @Rick_SAS blogs:
https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2016/02/24/create-a-design-matrix-in-sas.html

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation