BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8

Hello SAS Experts,

I defined a filter based on a prompt asking the user for a year (2016, 2017, etc.) the IMS test works fine but

when I open WRS and then IM as a source there is no prompt or filter anymore. So why define it on the InfoMap level?

Moreoever when I define a new filter in WRS I can not specify the minimum and maximum digits to be entered.

Why so limited functionality in WRS?

Bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8
Got it 🙂 I have to select from the top navigation in WRS and check the checkbox.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8
Got it 🙂 I have to select from the top navigation in WRS and check the checkbox.
PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8

hmm not that easy. The Web Report cannot be saved. When I click "save as" I get a more detailed error saying that the report can be saved because there is no prompt value. Sorry, my system is set to German 😕

Weird, I want that the user enters a prompt value for "year" as I defined in the Information Map that is the basis for the report.

The Information Map works fine. So how can I actual push the Information Map filters on the web report and use them there without breaking the report.

attached is a screen print.

wrs.png
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You are using the correct steps to add the information map filter to the report. You should not be seeing an error when you try to save the report.

After you clicked OK in the Section Filters dialog box, did you view the report to make sure the prompt appeared and was working as expected?

PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8
I got it working now...sometimes. It is definately possible to save the report.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation