BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jennys
Calcite | Level 5
Hello

I have a problem with the Id´s that doesn´t change when you are exporting/importing and changes the source table, in an information map in 4.2. As noted in this sas note:
http://support.sas.com/kb/30/850.html
the id stays the same (the name of the original datasource), wich is very confusing in an administrative point of view. The "expression" refer to the variable with the ID, so it looks like the variable origin from the "old" datasource.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get hold of the xml and change the ID there? Or any other solution?
Best regards
Jenny
5 REPLIES 5
ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
Are you working on the information map in Base SAS? or Information Map Studio?
e-SAS regards,

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @ccaulkins9,

I just would like to let you know this post you kindly answered is from 2011, so you might not receive any answer from the original author.

Although, if you have ideas about the topic, just drop them here, they might be useful for other SAS users google-ing similar kind of question.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Juan

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you, Juan! Would there be a better community than Web Report Studio to post this question?
e-SAS regards,

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Typically, this is a good community for information map questions. Do you have the same question as the original poster? If so, then I am afraid that you cannot change the IDs. The old IDs are persisted in order to preserve any existing dependencies on the IDs. For example, if you have existing reports that rely on those original IDs, and you change them, then the reports will break.

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
No, my problem has more to do with the XML Editor that waspresent in IMS 3.1 and then "disappeared" in 4.2 - officially because developers could do more harm than good to their Information Maps and 😛

Has anyone had any experience trying to version control an Information Map(s)?
e-SAS regards,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation