BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ashishj816
Quartz | Level 8

sas-viya-rabbitmq-server-default service is not found even after the successful deployment.

8 REPLIES 8
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @ashishj816 

Can you verify the below?

cd /etc/init.d/
ls -l sas-viya-rabbitmq-server-default

ps -ef | grep rabbit
ashishj816
Quartz | Level 8
cd /etc/init.d/
ls -l sas-viya-rabbitmq-server-default

under "/etc/init.d" sas-viyamq-server-default is not present ].

ashishj816
Quartz | Level 8

under /etc/init.d 

sas-viya-rabbitmq-server-default

is not present.  

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Also, what is the value you have assigned to the rabbitmq section of your inventory.ini file?

ashishj816
Quartz | Level 8

Also, what is the value you have assigned to the rabbitmq section of your inventory.ini file?

I will provide the content of inventory.ini file shortly. currently I am using sample inventory.ini file as it is.

please let me know what should be content in inventory.ini file.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

If you are doing a SMP (Single Machine) deployment, usually the first line of the inventory.ini file is like below:

deployTarget ansible_host=<machine_address> ansible_user=<userid> ansible_ssh_private_key_file=<keyfile>

In the above line "deployTarget" is the alias for your "ansible_host" machine. So if you are using default then you have to specify "deployTarget" under the "[rabbitmq]" section as below:

# A RabbitMQ cluster must have an odd number of machines.
[rabbitmq]
deployTarget

If you have changed the default value of "deployTarget" to something else, make you sure update that value for the above section.

ashishj816
Quartz | Level 8

ashishj816_0-1604666102869.png

This is how my inventory.ini file looks like. please let me know changes done are correct or not 

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Is this the original playbook or did you make change to it? Also, Are you deploying a programming only environment? For now with the components you have shared it looks ok.. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation