BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

hi all,

unable to import the excel file .xls  (excel 97-2003) which is having arabic text .

vallsas_1-1622646429046.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

According to this link ARABIC is the supported encoding for this language. Try changing UTF-8 to ARABIC when importing.

The only problem is that SAS VA would have to have been installed with the NLS extensions for Arabic for this to work.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I asked a colleague about this and he suggested that you contact SAS Technical Support. https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html

He says you should not normally see this error.

You might also want to try a different file with Arabic characters to be sure the problem is not limited to one specific file.

Thanks,

Sam

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes, I did multiple files but no luck. same file with out arabic text importing with out any error .
Thanks
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Do you by any chance know or can find out the encoding being used in the CSV file you are importing? I notice you have an encoding of UTF-8  specified in the VA import screen. This obviously is not compatible with your CSV. Aligning the encoding to match the file will likely fix your problem.

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
hi
i am importing .xls file not csv what is show is in our screen, it was a
sas option showing nothing i did with csv file extension.

also utf-8 also it was default I did not make any thing.

i request if you have access on va just type the arabic text in excel
with.xls file then test it. so
that you will be experienced the problem.

thanks for your help
SASKiwi
PROC Star

According to this link ARABIC is the supported encoding for this language. Try changing UTF-8 to ARABIC when importing.

The only problem is that SAS VA would have to have been installed with the NLS extensions for Arabic for this to work.

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
[image: image.png]

Please see the erro when I change the UTF-8 to ARABIC
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@vallsas  - The screenshot isn't showing.

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi

Sorry I did not save the screenshot.
When I try to import the data now those options(Source encoding:,Input file
delimiter:and Scanned rows:Locale:) are disappear in our sas free trail VA .
at present I have successfully imported the excel file .xls

[image: image.png]
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@vallsas  - Great, please update your post as answered then.

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes, Problem has been resolved, after adding encoding to ARABIC while importing the ,xls excel97-2003 workbook format which contains some columns Arabic text.

Thanks for the support.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 3 in conversation