BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SteveDFW
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi.  

I am trying to use a text input box with both a category and a measure to filter data.  In the below snapshot, both the category and measure are listed in roles, but only the category is seen in the text input box.  Is there a way to see and update the measure? 

SteveDFW_0-1622836844297.png

Thanks,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I don't see any way to show the measure in the control other than what you see when you initially set the category value, but you can do this:

1.  Add a text object and add the measure to the Measures role. 
  2. Double-click to edit the text and select the filter icon (funnel) to add the filter value from the text input control. 
  3. Select the text input control and click the Actions in the right pane. Create an interaction between the control and the text object. 

The text object should show the category value selected in the text input and the measure assigned to the role. You can type in any text to explain the values. 

SteveDFW
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Madelyn.  I've got the text box added.  How can I change the measure that shows in the text box?

Steve

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The text box will show the measure assigned to its Measure role. By default it is Frequency, but you can assign a different measure. You can assign more than one measure to a text box, but you can assign only one measure to the text input control. Here is what mine looks like. Invoice is assigned to the text input control and the text box. 

textwithvalues.jpg

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation