BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
YannRC
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everybody, i'm the CDO of a company and we have 180 reports. We try to put the better title but it's sometimes difficult because a report can have a lot of use. So, i try to find the better way to facilitate the search for the user. I read that we can have tags but i don't really understand how to use it and if a tag will be the solution.

Do you have any idea? We work actually on the old environment and we are migrating to Viya 4.

Thank you for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
You can search in Visual Analytics by clicking the Search icon in the application toolbar, or by using the Search box on the home pane. You can also search within the SAS Drive and SAS Environment apps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

You can add tags to a report in SAS Drive:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/8.5/drive/n1imz64fydb0o4n129qbxryujt37.htm

When you search within VA, the search should match on the tag as well as the report name.

If I remember correctly, it might take a minute or two for the search service to "see" the new tag. But I was able to test this just now on an 8.5 deployment.

Sam

YannRC
Fluorite | Level 6

!Good, to be sure to understand. I have a tag for a report. But if the user want to find a report after writting a keyword. Where he has to write it ?

Thanks !

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
You can search in Visual Analytics by clicking the Search icon in the application toolbar, or by using the Search box on the home pane. You can also search within the SAS Drive and SAS Environment apps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation