BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
juliamorgan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have created an animated geo bubble map, it works fine and shows where it is up to in the time series in designer.

BUT in viewer a few seconds after pushing play, the time series disappears and only the pause button is visable.

I want the user to be able to see where abouts they are up to in the time series - how do I stop the bar from disappearing?

Thanks,

designer

designer.PNG

Viewer after first pushing playviewer1.PNG

Viewer a few seconds after pushing play - only pause button is shown. Where up to in time series is no longer visable.

viewer2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
My first guess would be a FLASH based error. Does it only happen on certain browsers?

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

EmilyB_SAS
SAS Employee

This behavior is specific to the Modern (HTML) version of Report Viewer in SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 and is actually working as expected. In this version of Report Viewer, the animation bar automatically fades away so that the legend and other labels can be displayed. 

The Classic (Flash) version of Report Viewer will behave the same way as the Report Designer. If you prefer this, I suggest changing your default appearance setting to the Classic version of Report Viewer.

This behavior has been improved slightly in Visual Analytics 7.4. The animation bar will remain visible if your cursor is placed over the bar. If you move your cursor, however, the bar will still fade. 

I hope this helps!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation