BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
znhnm
Quartz | Level 8

Hello, 

I'd like to use the text topics object on VA interface. I have the text variable on my dataset, I can select that. I also have an ID column on my dataset, however, I cannot set that as the uniq identifier when trying to apply the text topics object because it says:

No data items in the active data can be set as unique row identifiers.

Here is the relevant SS.

znhnm_1-1717063014783.png

What would be the reason for that and how could I solve this issue?

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Probably the issue is that your ID column has duplicate values. If you have permissions to perform data preparation tasks, then you could try generating a new ID column:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/dprepcdc/v_023/datastudioadv/n0ooiqdt13mn6sn1ejbeyv4ech8d.ht...

It might also possible to create a calculated item with unique values within VA by concatenating your ID column with another one such as a date column. That would depend on your data.

You might want to create a list table of your data (including the ID column) and sort by frequency. That might help you find what the duplicates look like and determine how best to address them.

Let us know if that helps,

Sam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Probably the issue is that your ID column has duplicate values. If you have permissions to perform data preparation tasks, then you could try generating a new ID column:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/dprepcdc/v_023/datastudioadv/n0ooiqdt13mn6sn1ejbeyv4ech8d.ht...

It might also possible to create a calculated item with unique values within VA by concatenating your ID column with another one such as a date column. That would depend on your data.

You might want to create a list table of your data (including the ID column) and sort by frequency. That might help you find what the duplicates look like and determine how best to address them.

Let us know if that helps,

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation