BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndiWindisch
Calcite | Level 5

Hey Folks,

since last November we are working with Visual Analytics, since 7th May we have the newest Release 6.4.

We have created a bunch of reports, as it should be, everything is fine. In the last weeks we have developed a few jobs in Data Integration Studio to load the data marts automatically to VA.

Now my boss is asking if there a way to find something about the usage of the reports?

We have very similar questions around our WIKI, there is a Plugin for this purpose.

I've taken some deeper looks to the log files (standard configuration, nothing changed since installation), but there is nothing to find what helps.

Is there a easy way to get Usage statistics, to figure out how our internal customers (Accounting, Marketing department) use Visual Analytics?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Andreas

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

What about Apm 9.4 and event manager?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Andreas,

You may want to look at the Audit Performance Management 9.4 package and SAS Environment Manager. At SAS Global Forum 2014, Dan Lucas and Brandon Kirk wrote a great paper about reporting on a SAS VA environment touching on these areas... http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS167-2014.pdf

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
AndiWindisch
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Michelle,

thanks a lot for your post, the paper is really very interesting, because it is "hands-on" with much suggestions for the implementation.

I think we will try this way to get mor information about the usage!

Best regards,
Andreas

Allan_dk
Quartz | Level 8

If you set the logging threshold to INFO the log will contain information that you then can analyze.

You can get information about reportId, user, time, action.

AndiWindisch
Calcite | Level 5

Good Morning Allan_dk,

that sounds quiet interesting, with the logging threshold. I guess it must be the Threshold of the Metadata Server, or is it another one?

Best regards,
Andreas

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation